Nearly everything in here is true. I’ll take it point by point.
- The state with the lowest population. This is true
- Home to towering mountains and spacious plains. Also true.
- Populated pre-Columbus by the Shoshone, Crow, and Lakota Indians. Right on the money. Then we “settled” (read: stole) the land.
- Currently populated with cowboys, roughneck oilfield workers, Indians, and generally nice people who love the outdoors, and hate the way the rest of America lives. This is a good portion of people here.
- 90 percent of said population could probably kick your ass in half. Half true, but I’m not going to test this theory. Most people here seem to be all talk.
- By the by, not a favorite place for homosexuals (remember Matt Shepard?). Okay, this is partially true. The conservative regime moving in is dedicating themselves to passing a DOMA for our state constitution. However, Laramie, and Wyoming as a whole has learned to be more tolerant. Acceptance is still an issue.
- Yes, everyone in Wyoming has a gun, and really wants to shoot something. I’m leaving this one alone, but it is safe to assume that every house you are thinking of breaking into and person you’re considering assaulting has a gun within reach. My dad actually has a gun in every room, I shit you not, and he’s one of the most “leftist” people in Wyoming.