Posts tagged recall Scott Walker
Posts tagged recall Scott Walker
August 9th is Election Day for:
- Nancy Nusbaum [Facing Sen. Robert Cowles (R)] (Senate District 2)
- Sandy Pasch [Facing Sen. Alberta Darling (R)] (Senate District 8)
- Shelly Moore [Facing Sen. Shelia Harsdorf (R)] (Senate District 10)
- Fred Clark [Facing Sen. Luther Olsen (R)] (Senate District 14)
- Jessica King [Facing Sen. Randy Hopper (R)] (Senate District 18)
- Jennifer Shilling [Facing Sen. Dan Kapanke (R)] (Senate District 32)
If you are in Wisconsin, you can look up your voter registration and polling place location here.
No matter where you live, you can join this effort:
Background info on the recalls here. Currently, the Koch brothers and Tea Party Nation are dumping money and out-of-state organizers into Wisconsin. Judson Phillips, head of Tea Party Nation, is in Wisconsin claiming the unions/the left agenda "has killed billions of people" and is comparing Wisconsin protesters to Nazi storm troopers.
They’re against the ropes. Let’s go for the knockout.
Wisconsin has a new protest movement, and it’s on the water.
Protesters took advantage of one of the state’s many bodies of water to move their “Recall Walker” message a little closer to the subject of the protest this weekend. After learning that Wisconsin’s first lady Tonette Walker would host a garden party on Saturday, July 2, a group of nearly a dozen people formed a flotilla that set sail to the shore of Lake Mendota off the governor’s Maple Bluff executive residence.
Saturday’s protest was organized very quickly, says Arthur Kohl-Riggs, who organized the event through the "Shit Scott Walker Is Doing To My State" Facebook page he operates. He learned about the party Friday night and created a Facebook event Saturday morning.
Read more here.
Brilliant! I love the creativity here. Keep it rolling, Wisconsin.
We’ll see, Scotty.
Wisconsin Coverage: A Roundup.
- WI State Journal
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinal
- The Cap Times
- Green Bay Press Gazette
- Madison stations: WKOW; WISC-TV; WMTV; WMSN
- Walker rejects union offer to accept concessions | JS Online
- AP: Wis. Senate GOP Leader: Bill limiting collective bargaining not negotiable, will pass as is | @nationaljournal
- Is the state budget in crisis? Depends on who you ask | WI State Journal
- FACTBOX: Details of Wisconsin proposal on public unions | Reuters
- Are Wisconsin’s state and local workers overpaid? | Ezra Klein
- Walker reschedules budget address to March 1 | WI State Journal
- What’s happening in Wisconsin: Explained | Mother Jones
- What is actually being proposed in Wisconsin? | Ezra Klein
- Unions aren’t to blame for Wisconsin’s budget | Ezra Klein
- The Importance of Wisconsin | The American Prospect
- Wisconsin leads way as workers fight state cuts | NY Times (thanks ilyagerner)
- What Wisconsin’s governor is really threatening | Salon
- Americans for Prosperity launches StandWithWalker.com
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker: Funded by the Koch Bros. | Mother Jones
- Class Warfare in Wisconsin: 10 Things You Need To Know | Josh Healey
- It’s Not Just Wisconsin | The Atlantic
- VIDEO: Governor Walker’s press conference from Thursday
- VIDEO: Wisconsin protesters: “FOX LIES!” | The Daily Beast
- VIDEO: First-hand account from a WI protester (thanks vruz)
- Photo Essay | PBS Newshour
- Capitol Rally Photos | WI State Journal
- INFOGRAPHIC: States without collective bargaining for teachers have below average educational outcomes | Ilya Gerner
- Politicians speaking out in support of Governor Walker: House Speaker John Boehner, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Rep. Paul Ryan, VA Gov. Bob McConnell (video), Ohio Gov. Jim Kasich, Tim Pawlenty, Jeb Bush.
- The debate in other states: “Labor is preparing to spend at least $30 million to fight anti-union legislation in several states including Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Missouri, New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.”| WI State Journal
If you’ve read any great articles I missed, send them my way and I’ll add them to this list.